Personal care can be tailored for your personal requirements but typically focuses on providing assistance with activities of daily living, such as:
- Assistance/supervision with showering, sponging
- Assistance with dressing & undressing
- Assistance with shaving, hair care & grooming
- Assistance with mobility and transferring, (in bed, sit up, turn, out of bed and stand)
- Transfer to commode, wheelchair, chair, vehicle
- Assistance with eating & drinking, cooking & preparation of food & special diets
- Assistance with toileting
- Assistance with prescribed exercise or therapy programs
- Fitting of aids or appliances, following professional assessment & education
- Accompanying clients to appointments (by taxi), e.g. doctor, bank etc.
- Medication prompting (i.e. prompting people to take prescribed medications).
- Regular check visits
Support Services can be tailored from 1 hour per day up to full 24 hour 7 days a week care.